Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Week Left?!

Yes, in a week I move in.
What am I doing?
FREAKING THE HELL OUT.
So much packing, last minute plans, trying to earn money... it's scary.
(And I know I missed an update, I've been trying to spend time with everyone.)

So what has happened in this past week?

- I discovered the joy of selling old college textbooks on Half.com, and managed to make about $500 to pay bills and put towards new books, THANK GOD!
- After a very short hunt, I managed to land a job at an Aerie store in a mall near where I go to school. The girls who work there are so sweet, and it doesn't drive me crazy like working in a grocery store does, THANK GOD!
- Suffered a HORRIBLE ride home in my car when it decided to start breaking down. Mom and Dad to the rescue! Dad drove home, Mom followed, and then began the hunt to figure out what was wrong. Dad figured it out in less than a week! My distributor died. Since I can't put it in the right words (my dad is the mechanic, not me!), here's what wikipedia says:
"A distributor is a device in the ignition system of an internal combustion engine that routes high voltage from the ignition coil to the spark plugs in the correct firing order."
So basically, my engine was misfiring and being sucky. Dad fixed it, as well as my replacing my fuel filter, my spark plugs, my distributor cap, rear shocks, AND fixed my A/C. He also helped me paint part of it, and fix a broken seat belt. I have awesome parents. And now my car runs better than ever and quieter, and I now have working A/C THANK GOD.

Now, I've been procrastinating long enough today on packing, I should probably start.

No comments:

Post a Comment