Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Not Pretty Enough?

Along with going back to school in a month, I will be heading back into the work force for a 2nd job so that I can pay for all the little goodies I love to buy... oh, and school stuff. Because I live in another area for school, I decided that since my classes are only Tuesdays and Thursdays for my fall semester, it would be good to find a job that I can work like 9 to 5 or so on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays.

Topping my list is a Harley-Davidson apparel branch and Nordstrom at a nearby mall. I'm psyched by both, since a. I LOVE motorcycles, and b. I LOVE fashion. Can't really go wrong!
However, here is the thing that irks me (and what my title is referring to). I'm also apply to Hollister just to try, but they may not hire me or hire me and stick me in the back because I wouldn't be considered "pretty enough". Yes, it has happened, look it up (for I am too lazy). I'm almost considering NOT applying.

The other thing I'm thinking... Harley store I could probably dress down more often, Nordstrom not so much, which would mean I'd need to work on my overly casual yet fashionable artsy fartsy clothing collection. However, a friend of my mother's has a daughter (confusring? why, I do believe so!) who worked at Nordstrom, and they were very good to her about hours, flexibility, going to school, yadda yadda... Sounds good.

Oh, if you're wondering where I'm working now, I work at a grocery store as a cashier. It has its good and bad moments.

...Good thing I'm doing this tomorrow, I'm just too pooped tonight. Sleep has never sounded so bood.

No comments:

Post a Comment